11.16.2008

He makes me laugh.

Did you see Senator McCain at the Al Smith Dinner? And then later on SNL? The dude is funny!



I'm sorry, but this is what he should have been doing for the last year. McCain could have gone with the whole "laughter is the best medicine" bit to bring hope. He tried to match Obama on hope and change, and, well, no one can. It's a losing proposition. But comedy? Obama has kind of fallen flat on that bit.

Until tonight. Did you catch 60 Minutes? I smiled at the McCain bits above. I laughed out loud at the natural, at-ease humor of Obama. Watch it, and know some joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say Barak on Keith Oberman or maybe the Daily Show and he was EXCITED, AMUSED and FUNNY. He's a Star Trek fan and collects comics. I read on a siite about our Alma Mater that he lived on "First Floor Haines" and I kept wondering if that meant the triple, because weren't the other rooms a half-flight up from there?

I am looking forward to seeing how the next 4 years unfold, and pleased to have a president I can believe in.

Jed Carosaari said...

Haines was the one I lived in, not you, right? If so, there were other rooms in the back on the same floor. And it could be that the rooms were different back then, like a triple was a double, or there were other rooms that aren't there when we went.

Yeah, I'm pleased to have a President I can actually relate to- even his sense of humor. I doubt I'll ever see another President I can relate to this much; after all, he's our first TCK President!

Anonymous said...

No, I was never a resident of Haines. Bell Young, Chilcott, Stearns, summers Stewie, Newcomb.